1.15.2013

Gals of the Golden Globes - CMB's Best and Worst

There were so many amazing dresses at the Golden Globes but also quite a few flops. Here are my best and worst picks.

BEST (in no particular order)

Katharine McPhee in Theyskens' Theory. There's something about the simplicity of this dress that I like.  Plus, Katharine makes it look classy whereas on most others it would probably look trashy.


Kerry Washington in Miu Miu. I love the combination of sheer and sequins. I also love that she chose not to wear a big princess/mermaid dress.


Kate Hudson in Alexander McQeen. This dress fits Kate like a glove. The gold collar and belt also make  what would be a rather plain black dress a lot more interesting.


Naomi Watts in Zac Posen. I love how she is so covered up but still looks extremely sexy.


WORST (again, no particular order)

Lena Dunham in Zac Posen. I'm really not sure what is going on here. Is that a bow in the front? That colour also looks so bland on Lena.


Lucy Lui in Carolina Herrera. I feel like Lucy is too old for this dress. It also reminds me of a pattern you would find on vintage tea cups.


Halle Berry in Versace. I am really disappointed that Halle is on my worst dressed list but there is too much going on with this dress. The busy pattern, a slit, a train, and is that a cutout at her hip??



Taylor Swift in Donna Karan Atelier. Oh Taylor. This dress is not going to make Harry want you back! The neckline is too high and boxy not to mention that material wrinkles so easily. And would it have killed you to put some effort into your hair?

All photos via Lainey Gossip


You may not agree with my picks and are entitled to your opinion. So come on, challenge me and leave me a comment!


1 comment:

  1. I agree with all of your picks especially Lena Dunham! She looks like she rolled out of bed and threw on her old prom dress. Her haircut and tattoo would look better with something a little less traditional.

    ReplyDelete