12.21.2012

CMB Spotlight: Cheryl

Meet Cheryl, a fellow business women who is not only successful but also extremely stylish and professional. Cheryl graciously let me snoop in her closet to pick out a work outfit that she would typically wear to the office. I knew from past sightings that Cheryl knows how to rock a business dress so I was especially excited when I saw this little Rachel Roy number. I added a black blazer, black pumps and with a little bit of convincing, a grey belt over top (all courtesy of Cheryl's closet).

Cheryl also agreed to answer a few questions about her work style. Enjoy!

What is your office dress code? We don't have an official dress code at our office, but most women wear suits every day except for Friday when a cardigan or a non-matching blazer are okay.

What does your typical office outfit look like? Typically, I wear what I like to call my uniform: a dark coloured Theory suit with a collared blouse in white or blue, and Nine West pumps.


What are some limitations of this dress code to you? While sometimes it's nice to not have to think about what to wear in the mornings, it's really hard to transition from work to after-work activities. Also, I don't really get to participate in cute trends or feel very feminine.


What is your favorite piece in your office wardrobe? My favorite piece is my leopard print belt. Although you can't see it if I button my jacket, it makes me feel I haven't given up on fashion entirely!


What do you think is one rule that women in business should always adhere to? Always be prepared! The Girl Guides were right. Dress in a manner where you wouldn't be uncomfortable if you had to attend a surprise meeting with the bigwigs. If that means keeping a jacket in your office to throw on in emergencies, do it.


What is one office fashion faux pas that you have done in your past that you wish you could take back? There are so many to choose from, but one particularly bad one I committed regularly was hemming pants to wear with heels and then wearing flats with them. It looks sloppy and ruins the bottom of your
pants.


Any other advice/comments for women out there in business? I received this advice from a friend and found it to be very true. Invest in at least one great suit and have it altered to fit your proportions. Inevitably, you will have to wear it at an important moment in your career and you'll want to look and feel your best.




Photo's By Yvonne Ho; 
Styling and makeup by Yours Truly.







Thanks Cheryl for taking time out of your busy schedule to be part of my blog!



**If any of my wonderful readers/followers work in a professional environment, live in the Edmonton region and are interested in being featured on my blog, feel free to write me an email (colourmoibeautiful@gmail.com). I will come and rifle through your closet for that perfect work outfit and bring my photographer along to take some amazing pictures (trust me, she will make you look GOOD)! I am also available to do makeup. Don't be shy now. ** 

1 comment:

  1. HI there! I am from Edmonton and I wonder if you would like to collaborate with with me as a blogger. You can email me @ friendsarefashion@gmail.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete