10.09.2012

Workplace Fashion Rule #4 - How To Properly Wear Leggings

Leggings are probably one of the most versatile and comfortable items in your closet. That is why I am all for  wearing them to the office! However, its important that you find the right type of legging and ensure that they are styled appropriately. These are some of my rules:

1) Make sure they are thick and NOT see-through! A test that I do before I buy leggings is stretching the bum part with the palm of my hand. If I can't see my skin color through the fabric then I'm good to go. The last thing anybody wants to see at work is that slight color of butt cheeks or the outline of a thong as a poor unsuspecting woman is bending over at the copy machine.

2) Choose leggings that have a few pant characteristics. For example, the ones that I am wearing have  leather pocket detailing, a zipper as well as belt loops.

3) Pair the leggings with a flowy blouse either completely tucked in or tucked in just at the front.  A blazer is also a great pairing and will add a bit of professionalism.

4) Opt for a great pair of heels instead of knee high boots.

I'm posting TONS of pictures today. Mad props to my bestie Yvonne for being my photographer for the day and doing such an amazing job!








Blazer and Lace Top - H&M; Leggings - Dalia Collection; Shoes - Nine West; Purse - Matt & Nat; Bracelet - Rox On by Karina Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment